Finding My Place
The key to finding a place to serve is to ask yourself a few questions:
- What’s your passion?
- What do you get excited about? What do you care deeply about? What are you willing to give up time and money for?
- What are you good at? What skills, gifts, abilities do you have that could be used in service to others?
- What experiences have you had?
- Have you ever been homeless? Had to declare bankruptcy? Worked your way out of debt? Had to find your way around a new city? Had to change careers?
- Could your experience be leveraged to benefit someone else?
- What have you always wanted to try?
- Have you had an interest in serving in some way but never had the opportunity?
- Why not give it a try? We’ll help you get whatever training you need and walk
- you through the process of getting started.
Don’t hesitate to contact any member of the staff or one of the leaders associated with the areas of service listed in this section. If we aren’t doing the kind of thing you are most eager to do, we will find someone in the area who is doing that and help you get started.